Partly to help me (publicly) archive material from before my @conflictantiq Twitter feed on looting and destruction of cultural and community property, partly to help me clarify (for myself) what I want to document on it, I’ve copied-and-pasted(-and-hyperlinked) the (immediately or otherwise) relevant material from my @samarkeolog Twitter feed (primarily on professional, Balkan and Mediterranean matters).
It was a huge time sink; but I am utterly dedicated to uneconomic(al) activity.
@samarkeolog tweets on political violence in Turkey are here.
Turkey: deep state politics; deep state violence
‘19th January 2007, 19th January 2012 #Hrant #Hranticinadaleticin’ (20th January 2012)
’5yrs since we rang each other asking, “is it really true?” / brbrmze tlfn edip ‘gerçekten oldu mu?’ diye sorduğumuzdan beş yıl geçti #Hrant’ (19th January 2012)
‘court convicts trigger-puller in #HrantDink murder, but not masterminds; defying reason, it judges crime “unorganized”‘ (18th January 2012)
‘BREAKING NEWS: 1980 coup leaders Gen Evren, Gen Şahinkaya to stand trial #Turkey’ (@HDNER, 10th January 2012)
‘*gets popcorn* MT @techsoc Holy wow! Former Turkish military chief, Ilker Basbug, charged with attempted coup’ (6th January 2012 – original tweet’s link cut)
‘@ismailsaymaz reveals #Gendarmerie / #Ergenekon link between Malatya & Trabzon Christians’ murders @todayszamancom‘ (11th October 2011)
‘Former Turkish Justice Minister Mehmet Agar sentenced to 5 years in prison in Susurluk case that showed links btwn police, mafia, gov’t’ (@BenjaminHarvey, 15th September 2011)
Turkey: political violence
Turkey: symbolic violence in the Arab Spring
‘new blog already old: Turkish police stopped Syrian revolutionaries’ occupation of Istanbul consulate @HDNER‘ (5th February 2012)
- I didn’t include ambiguous tweets, mid-event tweets, etc.
- I removed incomplete sentences added by automatic tweet generators.
- I converted in-tweet links into hyperlinked text.
- I didn’t provide the permalink to my own tweets of links, because it would’ve meant a flood of unnecessary links and “@samarkeolog”s (and swallowed even more time).
- Because my early tweets’ links weren’t clickable, I copied-and-pasted all of the tweets themselves (rather than links for embedding), but it’s far, far too time-consuming to continue to do that.