Partly to help me (publicly) archive material from before my @conflictantiq Twitter feed on looting and destruction of cultural and community property, partly to help me clarify (for myself) what I want to document on it, I’ve copied-and-pasted(-and-hyperlinked) the (immediately or otherwise) relevant material from my @samarkeolog Twitter feed (primarily on professional, Balkan and Mediterranean matters).
It was a huge time sink; but I am utterly dedicated to uneconomic(al) activity.
@samarkeolog tweets on political violence in Cyprus are here.
Cyprus: political violence
‘Internal Displacement in Cyprus: Mapping the Consequences of Civil and Military Strife prio-cyprus-displacement.net conflict #archaeology’ (6th February 2012)
‘New research reveals selectivity of EOKA’ (@cyprusmail, 13th March 2011 – original tweet’s link cut)
- I didn’t include ambiguous tweets, mid-event tweets, etc.
- I removed incomplete sentences added by automatic tweet generators.
- I converted in-tweet links into hyperlinked text.
- I didn’t provide the permalink to my own tweets of links, because it would’ve meant a flood of unnecessary links and “@samarkeolog”s (and swallowed even more time).
- Because my early tweets’ links weren’t clickable, I copied-and-pasted all of the tweets themselves (rather than links for embedding), but it’s far, far too time-consuming to continue to do that.